WHAT IS THE EPAA?
The El Paso Art Association (EPAA) has opened its memberships to include all artistic, visual disciplines. We firmly believe that artistic diversity and individual participation is the key to our success.
Founded in 1950, the El Paso Art Association is a thriving non-profit arts organization composed of artists from a wide variety of artistic disciplines as well as patrons of the arts. Membership is open to all artists at all levels of proficiency and all age groups, races, and artistic expression. EPAA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, incorporated organization and is the oldest, largest and most influential affiliation of artists and art patrons in the Southwest.
WHAT DO I GET AS A MEMBER?
- The Crossland Art Gallery is the heartbeat of the EPAA hosting numerous exhibits throughout the year, providing opportunities for the community to display, view and sell local and regional art.
- The Art Junction located on the 2nd floor includes thirty four studio spaces for rent with 24 hour access.
- EPAA Monthly Newsletter delivered directly to your mailbox via your email containing valuable information about upcoming shows and events going on around town.
- EPAA Annual Yearbook with Artist Directory.
- Quarterly meetings that provide an opportunity to network with other artists, find out about upcoming events and see presentations/demonstrations by professional artists.
- DVD and Book Lending Library with a vast selection of over 300 books and more than 80 DVDs and videos.
- Reduced exhibit entry fees
- Member only exhibits
- Volunteer opportunities
- Sunland Gallery Co-op
- 20% discount at The Art Center, 3101 Yandell. Members must show their membership card at checkout to receive the discount.
- If you also wish to use the DVD and Book Lending Library (click here for more info), there is an extra fee of $12 per year.
- As an EPAA member you will receive a monthly newsletter, invitations to exhibits, and entry information for upcoming shows all electronically via your email address. If you do NOT wish to receive these email notifications from the El Paso Art Association, please use the Unsubscribe option (NOT the SPAM option please) when you receive any mailing and your name will be immediately removed from the mailing list or you may send an email at any time toMembership@ElPasoArtAssociation.com to request that your name be removed from the mailing list.
Would you like to learn to paint on silk?? Would you like to brush up on your drawing technique?? The El Paso Art Association has been given a number of wonderful “How To” books and videos for our library.
Volunteers are continuing to create an on line index of the books in our library, beginning with the most recent donations (click HERE to view the on line library). You may search it by keyword or browse by broad subject categories in the bookshelves on the left hand side. Often you will see images of the book and cover, and links to related material. If you find books of interest that we own, you may borrow them by coming down to the association and the staff will help you find them on the shelf.
Click Here for our DVD list with links to publisher info or short preview videos. Just like with the books, if you find DVD's of interest that we own, you may borrow them by coming down to the association and the staff will help you find them on the shelf.
For only $12 a year you have access to over 80 good DVDs and videos, and over 300 books. Books and DVD's may be checked out for one month at a time. You must be an EPAA member to qualify for a Lending Library Subscription. If you are already an EPAA member and wish to pay through PayPal for a Lending Library Subscription, complete the form below.
If you are not yet a member, you can click JOIN NOW which includes an option to subscribe to the Lending Library at the same time. If you wish to pay with a check, contact the office at 915.534.7377 or email Office@ElPasoArtAssociation.com for more information.
May 2016 Click for printable PDF
The EPAA newsletter is sent via email to all active members and is also posted here for reading or printing in PDF format. Click on one of the images or links to the left to view or print the PDF version.
Please send articles, notices and ads you would like published in the newsletter to Newsletter@ElPasoArtAssociation.com no later than the 15th of each month in order to be included in the next issue of the newsletter. Submitted notices and ads should be art or EPAA related and are included in the newsletter on a space available basis only. You may include photos but they will not be returned.
If you do NOT wish to receive an email version of the newsletter from the El Paso Art Association, please use the Unsubscribe option (NOT the SPAM option please) when you receive your next newsletter and your name will be immediately removed from the mailing list or you may send an email at any time to Newsletter@ElPasoArtAssociation.com to request that your name be removed from the mailing list.
Those members who do not have access to a computer or who do not have an email account can phone the EPAA office at 915.534.7377 and ask to be placed on the list to have a printed copy of the newsletter sent via the Postal Service. The office is open from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.